News from 2011
- Gratulation to our both “WGIN Green ambassadors”, Paul Kephart (he has this honor since one year) and new announced Dorthe Rømø from Copenhagen. Both will disseminate the ideas of WGIN all around the world, … More …
- WGIN Board member meeting in Philadelphia: 14 national organizations were assembled around the table and had done important decisions for the next conferences. The next WGIN events will be hosted in China (Huangzhou, October 2012), France (September, 2013), Australia (Sydney, October 2014) – details about Huangzhou are available just now, follow the webpage. Information about France and Australia follows soon. China is now the ninth member of the WGIN board, more . All other information are to be find in the Activities updates.
Invitation to the WGIN annual meeting in Philadelphia, November 29th, Sheraton Hotel, in combination with "Cities Alive", the 9th North American Green roof conference.
Thank you to Prof Suresh Billore and his team to organize the perfect days in Indore City
(30. Oct., 1. 2. November 2011), Thanks to the sponsors: VYODRO, ZTCinternational, Green Takniki, City of Indore to make this first green roof conference in India as reality.
The green roof movement in India grow!
Our member Andres from Columbia is one of the the three finalist of the prize "Innovadores de América" in the category of sustainability and ecology within 700 proposals that were postulated from 20 countries in Latin América. See more: homepage, video
Did You know, there is a market of annually about 8000 m² for Vertical garden in France (Information, given by Arne Mehdorn, Adivet / FBB, given in Stuttart).
125 persons joined the fourth international Facade Symposium in Stuttgart (results - proceedings).
Many updates on the webpage:
- see the updated webpage of Green Roofs Australasia
- the activities in Chile
- Member information: all minutes of the skype conferences are available in the member area.
Time to register for:
4. FBB-Fassadenbegrünungssymposium 2011 am 27.09.2011 in Stuttgart
- It high time to plan your trip to our Green infrastructure conference in Indore, India, our annual WGIN Conference event in 2011.
- it is also time oo book the Annual WGIN meeting, held in Philadelphia. Members of WGIN, Interessted persons are invited to participate at our Annual Assembly; Location: Sheraton Hotel Downtown, Philadelphia, Tuesday; 9.00 am, (including Board meeting), Tuesday 29. Of November 2011. For further information: contact the WGIN Board members. This will be the date to select the conferences in the following years.
- Philadelphia: "Green Roofs For Healthy Cities" announce:
“SPECIAL OFFER.... The members of WGIN's Association are offered this reduced member rate to come to the conference. The delegate fee includes two receptions and two luncheons, as well as all technical sessions and networking events.
CitiesAlive Philadelphia Early Bird Notice - Book Before July 29th and Save $150!!!!!
- Vickey is the President of ACHIVE (Asociación Chilena de Infraestructura Verde).
Congratulation to establishing this organization just few weeks ago. Ignacio Espoz from Latingreen is further the representative of ACHIVE in WGIN.
- Columbia has now “RECIVE” Constitution de la esal red colombiana de infrastructura vegetada. Founded 12th of April 2011. Biotectonica is one of the founding members. Andress Ibanez Gutierrez is further the representative in our network.
- See the new homepage from our Chinese organization: promoting the next green roof conferences in China, March 3-7.2012.
- The 4. Seminar on green facades in Germany will be held in September in Stuttgart, more
- Visit the Living Architecture Academy; it is the North American online learning center offering on-demand access to green roof and wall continuing education, including conference proceedings, courses, webinars, research papers and more.
1. The run to select a City for the WGIN Congress in fall 2012 is open; interested national organizations to host such an event can follow the procedure of selection process. Details will be sent out on request by the office of WGIN or the president.
2. The call for paper for the Conference in October in India is now open; please feel free to register and sent in your contribution to the local hosts Prof. Suresh Billore.
3. Information from Green Roofs for Healthy Cities, the Living Architecture Academy, offers courses and technical paper and much information around Green roof / Living wall technology. Audio proceedings and power points are available, please take attention of the training courses. There will be provide information online, please register:4. See the deadline of contributions to the Green Roofs for Healthy City conferences in Philadelphia, Deadline: April 15th. See the special prices for registration of WGIN members.
5. First announcement: Tuesday November 29: (full day) WGIN Board and member meetings, please mark this in your calendar. Themes will be collected until four weeks before.
6. Did you know – The North American green roof market has had a growth of 30 % in the last year!
7. Andreas Okun is now the responible partner in the Carl Stahl Company, thanks to Thomas Krieger for a long year activity.
1st NATIONAL GREEN ROOF STUDENT CONFERENCE @ The Green Roof Centre, University of Sheffield 16th & 17th May 2011
If you like - take this chance to learn more about European green roof technologies.
Our corporate member Nordic Waterproofing Oy, now under the head of Kerabit. The post adress is the same. If you like to know more; please contact Peter.Johansson for further information.
Also the registration for the Conference in Indore / India; October 2011 now is open.
See the event in Sheffield:
On May 16-17., the University of Sheffield will host the first Green Roof Student Conference. This event will serve especially as a networking event for early stage researchers working on green roofs.
Submission for abstracts is March 25, details
Offer of a PHD position, Green roofs and Biodiversity , see:
Susanna Lehvävirta, Botanic Garden and Herbarium
Finnish Museum of Natural History
PhD, University researcher
We welcome our new members from England:
Nigel Dunnett and Jeff Sorrill form the
The Green Roof Centre, ICOSS Building, Sheffield,
219 Portobello Sheffield S1 4DP.
Welcome in 2011: The year of Green Roof technology
Please mark some outstanding events in 2011:
-- 9th FBB Symposium in Ditzingen
-- CHINA: Hainan: World Green Roof Conference
-- India, Indore City: 1st-3rd October.
-- GRHC November 28th to 3rd December, Philadelphia, USA. (link)